Houston and the southeast region of Texas is facing unprecedented flooding in the wake of Hurricane Harvey. The area has received nearly 25 inches of rain, with still more to come. Thousands are stranded awaiting rescue and FEMA estimates that nearly 30,000 will be displaced. Our thoughts are with those still struggling with the dangerous and destructive rising water.
The time to give is now. Funds are needed to help those affected in the midst of this tragedy. Below are organizations working to help:
- Recommended: Greater Houston Community Foundation, Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
- American Red Cross
- Austin Pets Alive – Sheltering pets through the disaster and coordinating with other shelters on rescue efforts
- Food Bank of Corpus Christi
- Houston Food Bank
- Save the Children
- Scholarship America – Their National Disaster Relief Fund gives post-disaster financial aid so low-income students stay on track for their college education.
- Texas Diaper Bank – Flooding can make it difficult to locate dry diapers and most disaster relief organizations prioritize food and medical supplies
Donors – To make a gift, contact your philanthropic officer, linked below, or contact anyone on our philanthropy team.