This year, our Annual Report was inspired by the superheroes and supergroups we work with every day and the impact they make using philanthropy. Black Panther, Superman, Wonder Woman – you’ve seen the movies and read the comic books. But not all heroes have X-ray vision and wear capes. This report celebrates the incredible people, organizations and community leaders who put their power and influence to work for good in our region. For each of those trying to make a difference, the Community Foundation is here as a collaborator, facilitator, partner and vehicle.
Highlights from 2017 include:
- $100 million* distributed through 8,200 grants to 3,100 nonprofit organizations in five Impact Areas: Arts, Community Development, Education, Nonprofit Effectiveness and Well-being, and reaching a total of $1.1 billion* in assets
- The launch of Learn4Life in conjunction with Atlanta Regional Commission, Metro Atlanta Chamber and United Way, aiming to identify barriers to students gaining a quality education and to scale solutions that will improve outcomes
- Strides to bridge the equity gap in metro Atlanta through innovative partnerships with MailChimp Community College and our Spark Opportunity donor giving circle
- The creation of the Frances Hollis Brain Foundation Fund, which contributed some assets of a private, family foundation to a fund at the Foundation that allows the family to focus on the impact of their giving, not administrative tasks.
“The stories illustrated in our annual report show the power of tremendous collective impact in a year’s time. But at its core, the work of philanthropy in Atlanta is happening one family at a time, one pair of glasses at a time and one innovative solution at a time.”
– Alicia Philipp, president
You can find our 2017 Annual Report and more here!