The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta is looking for a dynamic Administrative Assistant to support the office of the CFO. This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive, motivated and committed individual who will roll up their sleeves to get the job done. The ideal candidate must have excellent organization and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple daily tasks with competing priorities in a fast paced environment. Enjoying working with numbers is important as this position provides support to the Investment, Accounting, Operations and Human Resources teams.
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta strengthens its region by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues. The Administrative Assistant is a member of a team that stewards over $900 million of charitable capital. The Foundation’s clients include individual and corporate donors, nonprofits, private foundations, professional advisors and family offices.
Essential functions of Position:
- Provides administrative support to the CFO, HR, Accounting, Operations and Investments teams
- Assists in the accurate and timely filing, retrieving, organizing and maintaining of accounting and investment documents
- Records contributions accurately in accounting system, deposits into bank daily, and investigates returned checks
- Monitors brokerage accounts for new stock gifts and initiates liquidation of stock gifts
- Sends weekly cash call requests to investment managers and follows up on outstanding cash calls as necessary
- Enters monthly investment activity data timely and accurately into spreadsheets
- Prepares and sends quarterly fee invoices to investment manager and follows up on outstanding fees as necessary
- Receives and accurately tracks annual tax forms from investment managers
- Maintains and updates the investment managers contact list in a timely manner
- Serves as back up for front desk receptionist periodically including answering and directing all incoming calls, receiving and assisting all visitors in a courteous and efficient manner, and maintaining a neat front office.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years administrative experience preferred
- Some accounting or banking experience a plus
- Associate Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or related field a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work and multiple requests/projects while managing long-term assignments
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Good customer service and communication skills (listening, interpersonal, oral, written)
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Interest in learning accounting-related tasks
- Ability to accurately complete task timely and accurately
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word) skills
To submit an application for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and list of professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta values diversity and inclusion; therefore we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our regional community.