Director, Human Resources
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta strengthens its region by providing
quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues.
The Director, Human Resources, is responsible for enabling organizational
excellence at the Foundation by driving human resources strategy, recruiting and
hiring, talent management, benefit and compensation administration and human
resource policy and programs. This also includes ensuring that the Foundation is
compliant with current and changing employment laws and trends. The Director,
Human Resources will be the sole provider of HR expertise at the Foundation and
will also provide HR consulting services to our partner organizations affiliated with
the Foundation. Therefore, breadth of experience and skill as a HR generalist is
Essential Functions of Position:
1. Strategic Leadership – Work with leadership (senior staff) to develop and
assist with strategies that provide best in class organizational effectiveness
and overall performance.
2. Recruitment and Selection – Work with and guide leadership to ensure
hiring and on-boarding processes are followed.
3. Employee Advocate –Maintain practices that ensure safe workplaces,
employee development, and open communication channels for problem
4. HR Policies and Procedures – Review policies annually, ensure consistent
understanding and implementation across employees and departments, and
support effective policy administration and compliance.
5. Payroll Oversight and Benefit Administration – Work as a team with the
Controller and our payroll service provider to process payroll and benefit
payments. Maintain organized and confidential personnel files. Oversee all
1099 and W-2 filings and ensure regulatory compliance.
6. Compensation and Benefits Programs – Review compensation and
benefits annually and make recommendations for changes and raises that
are appropriate for review by our Board of Directors. Manage benefits,
including an annual review of our benefit program, renegotiation of benefits
and management of related budget items and facilitation of the enrollment
process. Throughout the year, facilitate changes based on life events,
changes for parking, etc. Define and gain approval of annual holiday
schedule. Conduct an external compensation review for all positions every
7. Annual Performance Review Process – Drive process with leadership,
including updates to job descriptions and a review for compliance with
8. Industry Trends and Employment Law – Maintain knowledge of
employment law and industry trends to ensure the Foundation is compliant
9. Coordinate and Facilitate Organization Wide Trainings – Facilitate
manager/director meetings and all-staff meetings. Identify training needs
and opportunities and identify innovative solutions.
The Director, Human Resources reports to the Chief Financial Officer and has no
Strategic leadership – level of employee engagement and the results obtained by
Talent management – the quality of the new hires, success in role and the
retention our our talent
Employee advocacy – the number of employee complaints and complaints that
are unresolved that result in legal exposure for the Foundation.
HR Policies and procedures – oversight for consistent application of policies to
ensure fair treatment for all employees.
Payroll oversight and compensation and benefit processing – Employee
retention and satisfaction with total rewards
Regulatory compliance – Miminize legal exposure for the Foundation
– Minimum 8-10 years of HR experience
– HR generalist experience working across multiple HR function
– Experience working as a solo provider of HR expertise, or as part of a 2-3
person HR team preferred
Bachelors Degree in human resources, business, or related field, or equivalent
experience. PHR or SPHR or Master degree in HR preferred.
– Strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills
– Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
– Must be flexible, able to take initiative and work independently
– Ability to use independent judgment in decision-making
– Superior project and time management skills
– Strong leadership, influence and diplomacy skills
– High level of integrity when managing confidential information
To submit an application for this position, send an email letter of interest, résumé,
and three references. Include name, current organization, current position, phone
and email address, to: email@example.com,
Subject line: Director, Human Resources
– Deadline: Open until filled
– No phone calls or walk-ins please
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for