Gift Planning Officer
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta leads and inspires philanthropy to increase the vitality of our region and well-being of all residents. This position reports to the Director and Philanthropic Counsel.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Building and nurturing relationships with professional advisors, referrals, prospective donors, community partners, businesses and nonprofits.
- Identifying, qualifying, and attracting new donors with a need and desire to address increase their philanthropic impact and maximize their financial assets available for philanthropy.
- Educating advisors, prospects and others on the tax, financial and other benefits of working with the Foundation.
- Provide philanthropic leadership for the professional advisor and nonprofit communities to expand awareness of the Community Foundation.
- Steward and cultivate networks of civic ambassadors to the Foundation who can be instrumental in the Foundation’s growth of philanthropic assets.
- Design and deliver, as part of a team of philanthropy professionals, the 75th Anniversary Campaign, including support for volunteer leaders, prospect research, cultivation and gift closing.
- Work with Director to deliver planned giving services included with the Foundation’s Advantage Fund.
- Participate in professional advisor-focused programs including annual planning, coordinating activities/people/partners, reporting, partnership management, resolving problems, communication, and working with internal partners to execute events, such as PALI, Balser Symposium and Balser Giving Circle.
- Partner with Marketing and Communications on professional advisor and prospective donor mailings and other communications.
- Advise professional advisors and prospective donors on various philanthropic vehicles to help them to service their clients or meet their philanthropic goals for giving while living and legacy gifts.
- Work with Director to identify, structure and vet new gift opportunities and negotiate fund agreements, planned gifts and fees for all services, as well as executing complex gift processing including privately held assets and realized planned gifts.
- As engaged by Philanthropic Officers, provide consulting to current donors on planned gifts, non-cash asset gifts, legal issues, fund agreements and planned gift administration.
- As part of the 75th Anniversary Campaign, lead the major gifts portion of the Campaign.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-starter, results-oriented
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage competing priorities for self and team members
- Experience and demonstrated results connecting, collaborating and engaging with professional advisors and high net worth individuals for purposes of philanthropic engagement and financial solutions
- Technical knowledge of planned and complex giving
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Dedication to problem-solving, efficiency and process improvement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word; philanthropy records systems database technology such as Raiser’s Edge or FIMS
- 7+ years’ experiences in business development, fundraising campaigns, estate planning, tax planning, Moves Management, and donor stewardship, planned giving, major giving, and financial planning.
- Understand donor psychology and the motivations for giving.
- Understanding of fundraising campaigns, delivery of professional philanthropic services, prospect research and philanthropy records systems, e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, DonorCentral, FIMS, other Blackbaud philanthropy products preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s or JD preferred
- Professional designation(s) such as LL.M., CPA, CFP, CFRE highly desirable
Please visit www.workforgood.org to apply.
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.