Grants Payable Associate
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta strengthens its region by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues. The Grants Payable Associate is a transactional position responsible for timely and accurate entry and processing of grant and grant-related payments and for providing assistance to the Assistant Controller and the Finance and Operations team.
Essential functions of Position:
- Enters grant data and payments into accounting system on a weekly basis timely and accurately
- Responsible for weekly processing of: 1) all Foundation grant and grant-related payments 2)grant cancellations, adjustments and voiding and reissuing of grants checks 3)interfund transfers
- Manages schedule and processing of recurring grant payments, annual payments, and other regular and irregular grant payment processes
- Ensures grant payments are in compliance with IRS and foundation-specific regulations by collecting and reviewing proper documentation for each grant from grantees and/or external sources
- Responsible for following appropriate processes and protocols in the grants management process related to grantees that do not meet compliance requirements
- Manages and maintains grant-related records and files (electronic and physical) that meet legal, auditing and Foundation requirements
- Serves as a liason between the Finance-Accounting team and Philanthropy and Community teams to ensure communication regarding grants is appropriately incorporated into payment processing
- Runs regular and ad-hoc reports from database and disseminates information as required
- Responsible for understanding the steps of the grants management process and how grant payment processing supports and enhances the overall process
- Responsible for identifying potential process improvements that will result in efficiencies gained or effort reduced, and elevating improvement suggestions to management
- Supports the review and processing of scholarships data into database
- Responsible for entering and updating vendor data into database
- Performs front-desk relief coverage and back-up administrative support as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
The Grants Payable Associate reports directly to the Assistant Controller.
The Grants Payable Associate will be evaluated on his/her ability to effectively perform the essential functions of the position; the ability to utilize the skills and qualifications described below; and the ability to meet annual individual and organizational goals.
At least 2-5 years accounts payable or grants administration experience, customer-facing transactional experience, proficiency with accounting and relational database systems, Community Foundation experience preferred.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to manage multiple tasks including prioritizing, organizing and meeting deadlines
- Ability to process large volumes of transactions
- Strong customer services skills
- High level of proficiency with use of technology, specifically databases and Mircrosoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to think critically, analyze and assess
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively independently, as well as within teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
$35k – 45k
To submit an application for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and list of professional references to: email@example.com.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta values diversity and inclusion; therefore we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our regional community.