The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta strengthens its region by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues. The Investment Analyst is a member of a team that stewards over $900 million of charitable capital. Reporting to the Director, Investments, the Investment Analyst is an integral member of the Foundation’s Investment team. The Foundation’s clients include individual and corporate donors, nonprofits, private foundations, professional advisors and family offices.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Perform analytical work and produce related reporting on matters pertaining to the Foundation’s investment programs
- Assist Director, Investments prepare materials for Investment Committee meetings and record minutes of these meetings
- Liaise with custodian banks, investment consultant and investment managers to ensure that operational aspects of the Foundation’s investment programs are handled appropriately
- Manage the timely processing of capital calls for the Foundation’s private investments
- Contribute to and manage review/execution process for certain investment manager documentation
- Monitor and advise on liquidity position of Investment Pool
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Keep abreast of market environment, industry conditions as well as relevant laws and regulations
- Establish quality peer networks, including analysis of peer institution’s best practices
The Investment Analyst reports directly to the Director, Investments
The Investment Analyst will be evaluated on his/her ability to effectively perform the essential functions of the position; the ability to utilize the skills and qualifications described below; and the ability to meet annual individual and organizational goals.
A minimum of at least 2 years of investment industry experience that includes performing analytical work is required. Experience with alternative investments is preferred.
Completion of an undergraduate degree (B.A. or B.S.)
CFA or enrollment in CFA program is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work and multiple requests/projects while managing long-term assignments
- Proven analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to accurately complete tasks timely and accurately
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word) skills
- Ability to effectively utilize various online systems that are key to successfully performing the essential functions of this position
To submit an application for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and list of professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta values diversity and inclusion; therefore we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our regional community.