Manager, Strategic Projects
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta strengthens its region by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues.
This position is a part of the Community Intelligence (CIQ) Team. The Community Intelligence Team is responsible for:
- Seeking out new and innovative ways to maximize and leverage resources for community impact
- Providing community leadership and building relationships with and between donors, nonprofits, and partners to drive Foundation Impact Areas of Education, Health / Well-Being, Arts, Community Development, and Nonprofit Effectiveness
- Building and launching community initiatives and programs within each Impact Area with an eye on continuous improvement
- Gathering, storing, and sharing market intelligence
- Monitoring and inserting public policy activities into Foundation work
The Manager, Strategic Projects will develop and maintain standards for program and initiative design, launch, monitoring and evaluation, and partner with CIQ team members to streamline processes and increase repeatability of programs and initiatives. Under the direction of the CIQ Director, he / she will develop the structure and process for managing community knowledge within the Foundation. He / she will also manage and monitor CIQ requests for nonprofit interactions, external leadership and volunteer opportunities. He/she will work closely with the Foundation’s New Business Team and the CIQ and Resource Deployment Directors to assess and integrate new opportunities for work across the Foundation’s five Impact Areas.
Key Accountabilities of the Position (including but not limited to):
CIQ Portfolio Management Standards and Support
- Develop and maintain structure and standards for design / build / launch of new programs and initiatives
- Create process / system / rigor for tracking metrics and evaluating effectiveness of programs and initiatives, monitor for adherence
- Partner with CIQ and Resource Deployment team members to apply structures, standards, and metrics to new and existing programs and initiatives for repeatability and continuous improvement
- Support strategic planning and operations of the Foundation Impact Areas including monitoring and analyzing metrics in the Impact Area Metrics Dashboard and providing data for end of external funding grant reports
- Design, build and maintain structure and process for knowledge management
- Archive and curate knowledge, keeping information current and easily accessible for internal team members to digest and to share with donors
- Codify learnings from knowledge management including looking across impact areas for trends and observations for Impact Area leads to explore further
CIQ Internal Team Operations
- Capture and manage requests for new programs and initiatives, monitor resource capacity, and partner with CIQ and Resource Deployment leadership and New Business Team to evaluate expected return, prioritize and decide on new work
- Manage strategic CIQ mission critical projects through the solution delivery life cycle
- Stay current and integrating industry best practices into day to day operations
- Partner with CIQ team members and collaborate with Resource Deployment and other internal teams for efficient use of Foundation resources and to maximize effectiveness of all teams
- Monitor CIQ requests for nonprofit interactions, external leadership and volunteer opportunities
- Work with CIQ, RD and all Foundation teams to orient them on best practice for knowledge management and utilization of knowledge management systems
- Independent and with staff leads, provide reports and other updates on knowledge management, initiatives and program outcomes
- Develop process protocols and evaluation for foundation research efforts
- Work closely with the data management decision team (Finance and Operations) and partner with IT / Data staff to ensure consistent and efficient access to data
Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience related to the duties and responsibilities outlined in this profile; experience in management consulting and / or professional services firm(s) preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering.
- Business savvy with ability to drive change, solve problems, and think strategically, while maintaining focus on customer needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build strong working relationships with leadership and peers
- Ability to deliver pro-active, clear and timely communications
- Knowledge sharing and knowledge management, balancing attention to detail with value of effort
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, listening, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to organize work and manage competing priorities in high-growth, dynamic organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project. Experience in use of Blackbaud software preferred.
To submit an application for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and list of professional references to: email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta values diversity and inclusion; therefore we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our regional community.