Marketing Administrative Assistant
Position: Marketing Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Team: Marketing and Communications
Job Information: Full-time, M-F (some evenings and weekends)
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta strengthens its region by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues.
This marketing administrative assistant is part of the Marketing and Communications team, which functions as a fast-paced internal agency within the Community Foundation. The Marketing and Communications team is responsible for driving awareness of the Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta’s programs, products and services amongst its various audiences through a variety of communication avenues and strategies.
The marketing administrative assistant is responsible for administrative duties, coordinating and facilitating work flow for the team and for supporting digital communications efforts.
Key accountabilities of the position (including but not limited to):
- Take ownership of work and manage work autonomously / think proactively, taking action in anticipation of administrative needs to ensure efficiency
- Serve as the administrative hub of the team, laying vital groundwork for marketing projects and initiatives, including: organizing and preparing for meetings; taking minutes and notes; collecting and processing invoices; updating constituent databases and pulling lists; maintaining complete hard copy and electronic files; monitoring branded collateral needs; providing back-up administration to the reception desk; and providing administrative support for event and PR efforts as needed
- Assist vice president, marketing and communications, with administrative needs, including presentations, scheduling meetings, completing expense reports/credit card statements and other duties
- Maintain editorial calendar and solicit content per pre-determined collaborative plan from cross-organizational team members for email, blog and social media efforts
- Ability to conduct basic research, synthesize data and create reports, including tracking social media and website metrics on a quarterly basis
- Own updates to the Foundation’s website in a timely and accurate manner / proactively add fresh content to the website, soliciting feedback and updates on an ongoing basis
- Proofread copy, presentations, grant documentation, artwork and proofs according to brand guidelines
- Assist with digital communication efforts on blog, email and social media platforms
This position will primarily work Monday – Friday during organizational office hours, with some evenings and weekends for special projects and events. The ideal applicant will have the ability to occasionally drive across the 23-county region in support of the team.
Minimum 4 year college degree or comparable work experience
2 to 4 years’ experience in the following areas – marketing, public relations, project management, administration or other applicable field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency or ability to quickly learn, adapt and appropriately apply a variety of technology applications to work processes (SEO, web, database, data visualization, etc.). Working knowledge of FIMS or other relationship management systems, Google Analytics, MailChimp, social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube) and WordPress are preferred
- Desire to learn about nonprofit organizations, the Foundation’s work and its constituents and how to leverage messages to garner the highest impact with our target audiences
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with a high level of attention to detail according to set priorities and thrive on getting things done right, under budget and ahead of schedule / dedication to continual process improvement and efficiency
- Excellent relationship building skills and an enthusiastic, helpful and “all hands on deck” attitude/ eagerness to be a strong partner and enthusiastic and productive member of the team is essential
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Associated Press (AP) standards is a plus
To be determined based upon experience and qualifications. This position is non-exempt, employee is eligible for the Foundation’s excellent health and benefits plan and professional development opportunities.
Essential Physical Requirements for this job:
To submit an application for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and list of professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta values diversity and inclusion; therefore we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our regional community.