Marketing Communications Associate
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta leads and inspires philanthropy to increase the vitality of our region and the well-being of all its residents. The Foundation’s vision is to be the most trusted resource for growing philanthropy to improve communities throughout the 23-county Atlanta region.
This position reports to the Vice President, Marketing and Communications, but is a cross-organization function responsible for planning and coordinating a variety of marketing communication projects and special events designed to support the mission and increase public awareness of the Community Foundation; both large-scale and small, including community building events, donor stewardship and recruitment events, nonprofit forums, meetings and lectures. A successful marketing and communications associate will be an efficient and effective communicator with a positive attitude toward the growth of the Foundation, have a keen eye for seeing vignettes and scenarios as if she/he were looking through a photographic lens, and can strive first and foremost for the achievement of the Foundation’s mission through mutual understanding of goals and event objectives.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Manages special projects and event logistics from start to finish. Plans, coordinates and executes logistics for a wide range of events (receptions, donor events, nonprofit gatherings, education forums, etc.) for a wide range of internal programs and external guests.
- Partner with marketing and communications team, and various departments to determine the type, scale, tone, theme and content of events. Assists in determining the long- and short-term goals for each event
- Develop event timelines and schedules in partnership with staff leads and teams.
- Responsible for executing set marketing strategies for each event with the support of the full marketing and communications department, and ensuring that events receive the optimum amount of marketing assistance.
- Assists with the development of the event agenda in conjunction with the PR manager who leads script development, key messaging and timing.
- Responsible for coordinating vendor activities.
- Ensures all event expenses align with set budget goals.
- Assesses where cost-savings can be obtained by working across multiple events at similar times/scopes.
- Assures that creation of event specific materials (including signage, giveaways, etc.) are in keeping with the look and feel of the event and Foundation branding.
- Coordinates with marketing department on colleagues’ creation of event promotional materials and ensures accuracy of event elements used.
- Maintains highest level of relationships with donors, hosts, vendors and other providers.
- Assists other team members when appropriate, contributes to special projects as they emerge and participates actively in the administrative needs of the department.
- Manages Foundation master calendar of events—and ensures that every member of the team is aware of each activity so that prior proper planning occurs to provide perfect performance.
- Serves as event liaison to manage external customer reservation of conference rooms to include point of contact, space description, room tours, contract management, greeting outside guests, setting up refreshments and assisting with AV.
- Manage after-hours conferences.
- Active member of employee engagement committee, serves as the creative force with special events vendor knowledge, calendar of events for special celebrations and annual events.
- Support Foundation’s marketing and social media efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Outgoing personality and ability to interact with a variety of clients and constituents
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment and able to manage multiple projects and campaigns with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Passion for marketing, PR, events and brand promotions
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Need strong ability to set priorities, solve problems and be resourceful under pressure
- Mid-level photography skills; capable of serving as a stand-in photographer for events of small scale where there is not enough budget to hire a pro.
- Ability to leverage the photos for use in social media where applicable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point) and e-mail newsletter applications (Mailchimp or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Linked In and Twitter.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in the following areas – marketing, public relations, sales or event planning/logistics
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers a plus
- Ability to work nights and weekends for internal and external events
- Ability to regularly lift and carry up to 30 pounds is required.
Minimum 4 year college degree in public relations, English, marketing, advertising, nonprofit management or similar field
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta values diversity and inclusion; therefore we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our regional community.
To be considered for the Marketing Communications Associate position, go to www.indeed.com and submit your resume.