The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta leads and inspires philanthropy to increase the vitality of our region and well-being of all residents. The Office Manager is a member of a team that stewards over $1 billion of charitable capital. The Office Manager is a dual-role involving human resources and office management responsibilities. This role will work closely with the Director, Human Resources performing HR-related duties in the following functional areas: payroll and benefits administration, invoice vendor management and onboarding. The office manager component of this position is responsible for ensuring a smoothly functioning work environment that supports and enhances the productivity of the Foundation’s employees in accordance with the organization’s short and long term goals and strategies. The Foundation’s clients include individual and corporate donors, nonprofits, private foundations, professional advisors and family offices.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Manages and serves as point person for all day-to-day office operations responsibilities, procedures and services including furniture, fixtures and equipment (e.g., copiers, printers, etc.), security, supplies, maintenance, installations and repairs.
- Oversees the management of the Foundation’s physical office space (layout, furniture, equipment), liaison for building services and lease management.
- Act as business partner to manage the Foundations’ planning of short and long-term office infrastructure projects .
- Responsible for office safety functions including emergency preparedness, and evacuation procedures and plans.
- Assist with asset property management to ensure building compliance, taxes and insurance is maintained by all lessees .
- Manages Foundation Operations and Human Resources vendor relationships including supporting contract negotiation and administration, policy development, compliance, RFP processes, invoice management and billing
- Assists with new-employee orientation and onboarding program.
- Performs benefits administration to include change reporting with third party administrators, approve invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Provide payroll support by entering data and preservation of records.Responsible for organizational records and retention management policies and compliance.
- Support human resource and capacity department projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Multi-tasking and time prioritization is essential. You will be frequently interrupted during projects and will have to change direction with finesse and professionalism.
- Strong project management, and logistical planning and implementation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Budget and invoice management skills
- Customer service experience a plus
- High level critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to connect operational duties to overall organizational goals and strategies
- Creativity and innovation to improve existing processes and define new processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- 3-5 years successful experience in office operations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work and/or be “on call” evenings and weekends as necessary. This position is not eligible for a work-at-home schedule.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry up to 30 pounds is required.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
To submit an application for this position, please apply on www.indeed.com
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.