The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta leads and inspires philanthropy to increase the vitality of our region and well-being of all residents. This position reports to the Senior Philanthropic Officers.
Key Accountabilities of the Position:
- Manage portfolio of low-engagement current donors; activities include communications, scheduling meetings with donors, invitations to events, distributing Foundation knowledge and thought leadership, thank yous, monitoring for major donor events.
- Support strategic planning and operations of the Philanthropy Team to ensure work of the team aligns with broader Foundation goals.
- Develop proficiency in donor services and development core competencies.
- Support the Senior Philanthropic Officers (SPO) in the development of strategy, stewardship plans and activities for engaging a diverse portfolio of current donors.
- Measure and monitor service effectiveness and donor engagement; analyze and apply the results to tailor donor services to ensure stewardship plans and activities align with Foundation strategy and goals.
- Work with Finance to produce accurate financial reporting of current donor giving and department fundraising goals.
- Produce and update contact reports, gift and grant history to support SPO’s management of current donor portfolios and activities, includes conducting current donor background research, and monitoring status of planned gift donors.
- Oversee administration of weekly donor grants recommendations; coding, tracking and review process and weekly approval.
- Support the introduction of relevant new services and make connections to existing services for donors to increase their philanthropic relationship with the Community Foundation.
- Serve as in-office point of contact / teaming with and supporting SPOs and donors to answer grant-related questions.
- Partner with administrative assistant and philanthropic officers on donor events and communication calendar to ensure high donor engagement and achievement of overall deliverables.
- New donor set-up, orientation preparation and research. Assist philanthropic officers in meetings as needed with current donors, Supporting Organizations and Private and Family Foundations.
- Maintain a portfolio of prospects as part of the master prospect list and actively update management actions from qualification to cultivation, gift closing and stewardship with timely quality contacts to secure new funds and contributions.
- Actively contribute to developing and maintaining a high-performing and cohesive team including seeking out real-time feedback and owning individual goals and growth.
- Actively support partnerships with the Community and MarCom departments to design and implement processes and operations for co-investment.
- Operate with continuous improvement mindset, identifying areas for increasing donor engagement, process/product standardization/streamlining and work with key individuals from all departments to ensure integration of all functions as necessary.
- Collaborate with all departments internal teams for efficient use of resources and to maximize effectiveness of all teams.
- Stay current and integrate industry best practices into day-to-day operations, including new product ideas to diversify Foundation’s portfolio of donor offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to service
- Self-starter, results-oriented
- Experience and demonstrated results connecting, collaborating, and engaging with high net worth individuals for purposes of philanthropic engagement
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage competing priorities for self and team members
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Dedication to problem-solving, efficiency, and process improvement
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to use data in decision-making processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with philanthropy records systems database; Raiser’s Edge or FIMS
- 2-5 years of knowledge with fundraising, donor service and stewardship
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
Please visit www.workforgood.org to apply.
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.