Senior Director of Marketing & Communications
Achieve Atlanta is seeking an experienced leader to set and guide the organization’s comprehensive communication strategy and steward Achieve Atlanta’s brand such that it represents both impact and influence in the educational equity and access to opportunity spaces. This role is responsible for managing all communications and building external relationships with the organization’s constituencies, including funders and the media. Further, the person in this role will help strengthen and promote Achieve Atlanta’s identity and values to students, partners, and the Atlanta community and catalyze action that supports our mission.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the network’s discreet audiences in collaboration with Achieve Atlanta’s leadership team and constituents
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and Achieve Atlanta’s website
- Coordinate webpage maintenance and ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
- Prepare creative briefs for content development
- Coordinate and organize annual meetings that engage the network’s discreet audiences
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing for her speeches and external interviews
- Manage and select external vendors, when necessary
- Manage all media contacts
- Mentor and lead a team member responsible for Achieve Atlanta’s communication administration and coordination
The Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with Achieve Atlanta’s leadership team as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to connect in authentic ways with very diverse audiences across multiple dimensions including but not limited to race/ethnicity, age, and socio-economic background
- An appreciation for nuance and ability to thoughtfully communicate with and anticipate responses and perspectives from diverse audiences, while demonstrating patience, diplomacy, and compassion;
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to cultivate and influence through productive, trusted relationships with various key constituents
- Demonstrated cultural competence, humility, and awareness of how power, privilege, and their identities impact how they engage with others
- Ability to work across lines of difference, and influence through relationships rather than positional authority
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Achieve Atlanta seeks an accomplished professional with at least 10 years of marketing/communications experience, ideally in a leadership role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) nonprofit.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate degree (preferred) in relevant marketing and communication field(s)
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Achieve Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of qualifications. Achieve Atlanta policy prohibits unlawful discrimination in any employment decision based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.