Vice President, Philanthropy
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta strengthens its region by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues. This position serves as the Vice President, Philanthropy and leads the Philanthropy Department, which is responsible for asset building and donor sustainability through expanded prospect and donor philanthropy.
- Developing deep, sustained relationships with donors, their families and professional advisors to make the Community Foundation the donor’s and advisor community their primary philanthropic partner
- Providing a world class experience for Community Foundation donors and the professional advisor community
- Leading the building of assets of the Community Foundation by expanding and reaching prospective new donors through referrals and prospect research
- Using community resources to connect donors to causes, strengthening the Community Foundation’s capacity to address critical community needs and providing meaningful rewards for donors
- Providing every donor and family with every opportunity to engage with the Community Foundation and expand their philanthropic impact, moving donors from transactional to sustaining to transformational
- Providing the professional advisor community the expertise in philanthropy enabling them to properly serve the desires of their clients
In this senior-level position, the Vice President, Philanthropy will participate on the Senior Staff team and report directly to the President. The Vice President also serves as Chair of the Philanthropy Committee of the CFGA Board and leads the ongoing work of the Committee.
Key Accountabilities of the Position (including but not limited to):
- Setting the goals and objectives of the Philanthropy department and ensuring they are aligned with CFGA’s strategic plan
- Manage the execution and performance of the philanthropy team to align with the goals and objectives. Design measures and metrics to track results focused on but not limited to new donors and dollars.
- Cultivate potential donors and successfully engage as new donors
- Nurture and increase the number of professional advisors who regularly refer potential donors to CFGA through quality service to advisors and donors
- Enhance our ability to accept complex gifts
- Increase gifts with growth in new funds established; current donors adding to their funds along with growth in planned gifts
- Attain metrics as set forth in the strategic plan for growth of assets and donor satisfaction
- Develop and monitor metrics for prospect donor pipeline; current donors and planned gifts
- Represent CFGA as a major spokesperson externally
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams of staff
- Direct donor identification, cultivation and solicitation
- 10 to 15 years successful experience leading development efforts from high net-worth donors, donor services and demonstrated success in fundraising
- 10 to 15 years of successful experience leading teams
A bachelor’s degree is required. Masters and/or JD degree is preferred
- Relationship building and relationship management as it relates to the dynamics of working with donors
- Ability to creatively construct solutions for donors by matching products and services with donor needs
- Coaching and mentoring a team of Philanthropic and Gift Planning Officers
- Ability to work with and engage the Board of Directors
- Ability to work across teams within Philanthropy and across teams within CFGA to break down silos
- Understanding of technology used in the philanthropic industry
- Ability to apply analytics to build a targeted strategy for new and current donors
- Excellent public speaking, written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses keen knowledge of Metro Atlanta’s philanthropic and not-for- profit community
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Deep understanding of philanthropy operations, administration, prospect research and systems, e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, DonorCentral, FIMS, other Blackbaud philanthropy products
- Communicates effectively
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust
- Interpersonal savvy
- Builds effective teams
- Drives results
- Manages complexity
- Strategic mindset
To submit an application for this position, log onto: www.ourfundraisingsearch.com and submit your resume and cover letter. If you have application questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta values diversity and inclusion; therefore we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our regional community.