A Place to Perform
Providing performance spaces for organizations across the Atlanta metro area.
Setting the Stage
A Place to Perform provides grants to nonprofit arts organizations to gain access to performance venues and facilities, so they in turn can produce performing arts experiences for the public. Funding for A Place to Perform is made possible through a gift from the Woodruff Arts Center after the 2014 sale of the 14th Street Playhouse. A Place to Perform continues the spirit of that original venue by addressing:
- Inadequate space. The program is designed to help nonprofit arts organizations that lack adequate performance space for a particular production. Priority will be given to organizations that lack their own primary performance space.
- Regionality. A Place to Perform seeks to serve organizations and audiences throughout the Foundation’s entire 23-county region.
- Building opportunities for audiences. The program seeks to increase opportunities for audiences of varying backgrounds to experience productions by a range of performing artists across the metro Atlanta region.
Has your organization received a grant from A Place to Perform? Check out our Media and Publications page for grantee publicity guidelines and logos.
For more information about A Place to Perform, please contact:
In 2017, eight performing arts nonprofits received $50,805 to support their access to performance spaces in various communities around Atlanta.
Grant Cycle Timing
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta will be accepting applications for A Place to Perform throughout the year. Submissions will be reviewed quarterly. Below, you’ll find important documents, including guidelines for funding and information on how to apply.
- Friday, February 2, 2018 at noon: Application deadline
- By Friday, March 16, 2018: Applicants notified of funding decision
- Friday, April 20, 2018 at noon: Application deadline
- By Friday, June 29, 2018: Applicants notified of funding decision
- Friday, August 3, 2018 at noon: Application deadline
- By Friday, September 14, 2018: Applicants notified of funding decision
- Friday, November 2, 2018 at noon: Application deadline
- By Friday, December 14, 2018: Applicants notified of funding decision
Please note: All applicants must first submit a nonprofit profile and common grant application before submitting this application. If you have already completed a nonprofit profile and common grant application, please make sure it is up to date.